Saturday 18 January 2014

The Fault in Our Stars

Hi everyone!

Gosh, this book is amazing. I have never in my life really cried because of a book, but geee, this book just breaks your heart in millions of pieces and I cried really, really bad. Oh, as you probably knew by the title, yes, I am talking about The Fault in Our Stars written by the wonderful John Green. So, to get everyone who hasn't read the book, or just doesn't get himself to re-read it, I'd thought I'd give you some quotes to get you all warmed up!




First things first, let me give you a quick summary:
Hazel Grace is just a normal teenager who is bored with life and likes to quote philosophers when she meets Augustus, a grade A hottie. Hazel and Augustus first lay eyes on each other at a support group for kids with cancer. This obiously is a love story. But even though Hazel Grace and Augustus experience that kind of giddy obsession with each other their relationship is a little complicated by their medical statuses. You see, they live in a time where they've slowed down the progress of their tumors, but not totally get rid of them. So for them the future is one big question mark. All the characters in the book handle things in different ways.

"It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you."



"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."

"I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity.
I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me forever within the numberd days, and I'm grateful."

"I fell in you love the way you fall asleep; Slowly and then all at once."


"I believe in true love. I don't believe that everybody goed to keep their eyes
or not get sick or whatever. But everybody should have true love and it should
last at least as long as your life does."

"They don't kill you unless you light them. And I've never lit one.
It's a metaphor, see: You put the killing thing right between your
teeth, but you don't give it the power to do it's killing."


"Pain demands to be felt."



"My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations."

If these didn't make you want to pick up a copy and read, I don't know what will! Believe me if I say it's one of my favourite books ever.

Bye and have a wonderful day! <3

Marije

No comments:

Post a Comment