Sunday 9 February 2014

Book Review: Dash and Lilly's Book of Dares

Hi everyone!

Dash and Lilly's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

I just finished reading this book today and though it would be fun to review it!


Synopsis
The story starts with Dash finding a red Moleskine diary hidden among other books on the shelves of a renowned NY bookshop, The Strand. On its pages, instructions for a dare by a mysterious girl. Dash, an incredibly bookish and snarly 16 years old with a love for the word fanciful, accepts the dare and starts a series of events, one more hilarious than the other, which will bring the two teens to chase each other around New York City in a sort of comedy of errors.

Useful to know, is that the book is set around Christmas time. Personally, I found the book hilarious. It's got a lot of humour and awkward scenes in it, which is always funny. The love story itself and the plottwists were kind of predictable, which would have to be my only remark. Even though, I still think the book is worth a read. I had an English copy and finished it in approximately one and a half days. It's easy to read and very recommendable for the days were you just want to lay in bed. Or, if you're ill and not able to read/process anything too difficult, this is your book!




I'd recommend the book for girls aged 14-17, because I think they might enjoy and appreciate it the most. Although, if you're 12+ (so you can also be 43), you might still find the book enjoyable. I'm actually kind off jealous... If only I could do such a thing, sigh. I'd give this book a 7.6 out of 10.

Any book recommendations?

Bye and have a great day!<3

Marije

(P.S. SO sorry for the two missed days, but I had to do a lot for school)

No comments:

Post a Comment